Monday, December 22, 2008

Post thoughts + Museum Marathon

I was thinking again about what I said earlier about expanding this blog to include design inspiration. But as I have also said before I already have a blog for design inspiration, and so it seems stupid to have to categorize which blog the inspiration is relevant to. So the plan at the moment will be to keep this a research blog, and keep the inspiration on the other blog. If I post something on the other blog that is relevant to my thesis project then I will post a link to it here. Or maybe even just repost it.
______
______

So while on the topic of relevant inspiration....

I really like going to museums, and I had some free time the last few days, so lets just say I went to more than a few museums. And I don't just rush through to say I went, I'm usually the straggler that has to get kicked out because the museum closed 25 minutes ago.

I will be posting all of the inspiration on my other blog as I just said, but below is and outline of what is to come.

All of these will become updated links as I work on posting everything...

______

Pt 1: Tate Britian: Turner Prize 08

Pt 2: Tate Britian: Francis Bacon

Pt 3: Tate Britian: Misc

Pt 4: Garden History Museum

Pt 5: Haribo Heaven (I am telling you it was extremely inspirational)

Pt 6: Tate Modern: Misc (this was at least my 5th trip there)

Pt 7: Science Museum: Japan Car

Pt 8: Science Museum: Birth of Hi-tech Britain

Pt 9: Science Museum: Listening Post

Pt 10: Science Museum: Plasticity

Pt 11: V&A: Fashion V Sport

Pt 12: V&A: Cold War Modern: Design 1945-7

Pt 13: V&A: Misc

Pt 14: Natural History Museum: Misc

Pt 15: Wellcome Collection: War + Medicine

Pt 16: Wellcome Collection: The Watch Man

Pt 17: Wellcome Collection: Medicine Man

Pt 18: Wellcome Collection: Medicine Now

Pt 19: Barbican: Curve Art Installation

Pt 20: Barbican: On the Subject of War

Pt 21: Barbican: Robert Capa and Gerda Taro

______

So much exhibition design inspiration it's not even funny.
I also have so many out of control sketches of the design and layouts of all of these exhibits it's ridiculous.

___

No comments: