Thursday, October 9, 2008

Let's begin, shall we?

This blog is an attempt to keep track of research I am doing for my thesis project.

So far I've been writing everything out long-hand, and while I will continue to do so out of personal preference, I think this platform will be helpful to keep track of web links, online articles, relevant images, etc. (It is also way easier to decipher than my handwriting, and convenient for sending to teachers back home at Parsons that want to make sure I am actually doing work during my semester abroad.)

We'll see what direction this goes, but I have a feeling most of the posts will fall into some basic categories (not in order)...

1. Important relevant quotations
(which I may or may not elaborate on.)

2. Links to articles or websites.

3. Lists of other resources, i.e. books, academic journals, etc.

4. Short summaries of those book or articles
(if I read them so I can later recall what they were about.)

5. Short summaries of a particular expert's point of view or arguments.
(many of them are conflicting so it gets difficult to keep them all straight)

5. Relevant photos and diagrams

6. Possibly links to pdf or jpg scans of my long-hand notes

7. Whatever else I feel so inclined to include...


Please note that I am not a professional in this field by any means. If I make incorrect assumptions, draw false parallels between things, misquote, misinterpret, or do anything else wrong, please realize that fact. Also feel free to correct me.

If you have any feedback, questions, or want to get in touch with me for any reason at all, please email me at kailesmith@gmail.com.

___
p.s. The point of this blog is not to be pretty, it is to track my research, and possibly help other people who want to know more info on the topics I cover here.
Apologies if you find it boring, but I have a diff blog full of photos and design inspiration elsewhere.

___

No comments: